Scoggins Real Estate first opened its doors for business on January 26, 1974 at 610 West Taylor Street in Kokomo, Indiana. The original owners were Dick & June Scoggins.
On March 3, 1975, the business was relocated to its brand new office building at 1718 South Plate, and then incorporated. A Kokomo Chamber of Commerce Beautification Award was presented to Scoggins Real Estate, Inc. for its new facility. This agency was the first in Kokomo to introduce a national real estate franchise when it became Scoggins Gallery of Homes.
The agency was also the first in Kokomo to initiate a merge of two major real estate firms when it joined with Tomlinson Realty and became Gallery of Homes, Scoggins-Tomlinson Realty Inc.
During its three years as an agency, Scoggins-Tomlinson Inc. became one of the most successful Gallery of Homes offices in Indiana.
In 1980, ten acres at the corner of Hoffer and Plate was purchased for commercial development. The Gallery business was sold and a new office building constructed at 1219 Appletree Lane, and a new agency was formed in January…Scoggins and Associates.
In March 1982, its affiliation with the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Service was announced and plans for another new office facility were being made.
In September 1984, another expansion of services was completed with the completion of our present location at 1808 Dogwood Drive.
In 1988, Better Homes and Gardens recognized the agency with a National Award for outdoor advertising.
In March of that same year, Kevin and Nancy Hardie acquired ownership of the agency. In 1993, the agency expanded our present location now totaling over 6200 square feet of office space.
In April 2000, the Hardies announced the company was changing its name to The Hardie Group/GMAC Real Estate, when GMAC Home Services acquired the Better Homes and Gardens Franchise.
Four years later, Kevin and Nancy Hardie announced The Hardie Group would become an independent real estate company and affiliated with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. This national and international network of leading independent real estate firms, totaling over 500 member firms and 4000 offices, typically represent the #1 or #2 companies in a particular market area.
In 2007, Andy Hardie joined The Hardie Group as the Closing Manager, bringing his sales background and business degree from Olivet Nazarene University with him.
In November 2013 a tornado ripped through the community destroying many homes and businesses, including The Hardie Group. For four months, The Hardie Group relocated to the Inventrek Building on East Firmin while its own building was being renovated.
The Hardie Group has continued to grow, now having over 30 sales associates, achieving the #1 market share in our local Multiple Listing Service for most of the past 10 years. Many of our associates rank among the highest producing agents in our local industry. The Hardie Group subscribes to the motto: One Sold Home. Yours!
The Hardie Group is Kokomo and the surrounding areas largest Independent real estate agency and continues at the location of 1808 Dogwood Drive, Kokomo, Indiana(corner of Hoffer St. and Dogwood Dr.) celebrating 30 Years of Kevin and Nancy owning the company. You may contact The Hardie Group at (765)457-7214, toll free 1-800-799-4446 or visit our website at www.thehardiegroup.